Even though it isn't an emergency, do you still need police assistance (see below)? If not, click here.

Non-emergency incidents may be called in to the non-emergency number for the Minneapolis Emergency Communications Center, 612-348-2345. Callers may dial the non-emergency number to report situations that are not an emergency but may still require a police response. When dialing the non-emergency number, that caller's phone number and address are not automatically provided to MECC operators. Examples of non-emergency incidents that may require police assistance include:

  • -Sound complaints
  • -Motor vehicle accident that involves property damage, but does not represent a hazard to traffic.
  • -Non-active felony, misdemeanor, or other incident that does not require an immediate investigation, such as a property crime that was not recently committed or information for an officer.
  • -recovered property.


If you are unsure of how to report a crime or incident, call 9-1-1 and the operator will direct you.