For non-emergencies call 311 or if you want to complete and online police report click here.
Minneapolis 311 is available for reporting by telephone the non-emergency crimes or incidents listed below that do not require a police response.
Minneapolis residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311. Persons calling from outside the city may call (612) 673-3000. 311 Customer Service Agents are available to take reports Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Reports taken by 311 include incidents that occurred some time ago, where there is or is not suspect information and where there is no physical evidence. If you have any evidence, call 612-348-2345 to request a police response.
The types of police reports taken by 311 are:
- -Abandoned bicycles
- -Bicycle Parking Issues
- -Credit card/ATM fraud
- -Damage to property, vehicle or cemetery (excluding burglary, forced entry, or attempted burglary of a residence, garage or business). When reporting vehicle damage, have the make, model, license plate number, insurance company name and policy number available when you call.
- -Failure to pay for gasoline
- -Failure to pay hotel, restaurant or entertainment debts
- -Failure to pay taxi fare
- -Harassing and obscene phone calls
- -Identity theft
- -Lost property
- -Theft by swindle
- -Theft from building
- -Theft from coin operated device
- -Theft from motor vehicle (have vehicle information available, including make, model, license plate number, insurance company name and policy number)
- -Violation of restraining order
- -Violation of visitation rights